Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soul

     The word "soul" probably has a distinct meaning for everyone. Soul can be a term used to explain the thing that drives our thoughts or simply a type of music. Soul might be what we think defines us or even a type of food that gives us comfort. It is because "soul" has so many meanings and associations that I am curious to learn about its origins. What was this word originally used to mean, and how did it become so ambiguous? In my opinion, the soul is a mysterious part of us, that can never really be defined, but I certainly acknowledge it as a type of food or music as well. The word "soul" is hard for me to define, because I find it impossible to understand, and I am curious to learn its history and development. I want to understand what "soul" means to the rest of the world, present and past.

No comments:

Post a Comment